Tuesday, December 1, 2009

School Reunion

More than a year ago, some schoolmates started discussing on organising a school reunion in the year 2009. In the evening 28 Nov 2009, the school reunion took place at Impiana Casuarina Hotel, Ipoh. The excitement of seeing friends (after many, many moons) was overwhelming.

All along I knew not many as I expected would attend this gathering and I was quite disappointed some of my close friends back in school days won't be going. But soon the feeling of disappointment disappeared. I saw many school friends, many that I've not seen since we left school, some came for the previous reunion 10 years ago. I must say we didn't change much. TG. Many commented I still looked the same. Still pretty I guess!


The evening was filled with surprises. First - teachers were also invited. Primary & secondary school teachers including our headmistresses. Salute to the committees in getting them to come. They were introduced one by one as they came in to the ballroom to take their seats. Then there were slide shows of our photos taken during school days. I saw a photo of me which I don't recall at all taken together with some girls in school. I was slimmer and darker back then.

The most shocking that evening was my primary school teacher came up to me (before meals were even served) and called out my name. She asked if I remember her. Frankly at that moment I was really blur and shock seeing so many teachers right before me. She remembered my name, so I have to answer ........

Me : "YES, of course I remember you".
Teacher : "Remember my daughter, Sok Ching?"
(Me - Ahhhhhh......Mrs Cheong)
Me : "Oh yes, how is your daughter Sok Ping (the older one)?)
Teacher : "She.............."


Mrs Cheong was my class teacher in Primary 4, I think. Whenever I see her or bump into her during my secondary days, I will go up to her and greet her, "Good morning, Mrs Cheong". She was one of my favourite teachers. Now I know I'm one of her favourite students.

A very memorable evening .... thank you to my school friends out there who has sacrificing their time and effort in organising this reunion, bringing the teachers, schoolmates together, preparing slide shows, decorating the ballroom, looking into all the details for our comfort and enjoyment. Next reunion?

No comments: