Monday, November 19, 2007

My two angels

My eldest is 7 years old, tall and pretty. She got her sharp features from me (of course) and height from her dad. Her character… simple, nice and takes good care of her little sister. BUT really ‘chin chai’ or ‘kow kei’ kind of person. Her favourite phrase is ‘nevermindlah’. She will be entering Primary Two next year.

The second girl is 4 years of age. She is talented and likes to imitate (just like her dad). Her interests currently are singing, story making, dancing... and crying to get her way. Being the second child as most people agrees that they are fast learner. I do agree. Cause she picks up from her older sister every single thing. She can sing High School Musical 2 songs quite well, learned from her sis just by singing together.

Planning for 3rd one? Most popular question asked lately by my pastor, relatives and friends. No! Reason being having another child not only means more financial burden but parent’s attention is also divided. I always tell people, the child bearing and labour are nothing compare to raising a child. (I must say that I had easy pregnancies and fast labour.) From my own experience (and observing others), every one has a different style and believes in bringing up their children. But for both my husband and I, we believe to provide the children the best within our means. Ours best is not in terms of branded clothing or 5* food, education or accommodation but the love and discipline that hoping one day they will grow up be a useful person that contributes to the society and independent enough to make decisions on their own.

Tough love is our principle in teaching the kids. Thank God, so far so good, my girls are really well behave in public. (Unlike some children in my church, running around during service!)

I’ve tried using tough love on my nephew. Failed miserably. Cause my brother buys him stuff like PS One when he was 6 years old and PS 2 when he got 2nd in exam (dunno class or form) last year. He is 10 years old now. Thank God my girls never asked for stuff like that. But my hubby did!!! HaHa!

4 comments:

Ann said...

I totally agree that your girls are indeed well behaved. Now with lil one, when I sit behind I am appalled at some kids in church!!!

And now I know which lil boy Simon was refering too. Told hubby next time no more sitting at the alley way !!!

Prayerfully Christopher will never be "one of those kids" people frown upon, no matter where he is!

Anonymous said...

Are you thinking wut I'm thinkin!? I mean the boy :P

Zoe is also at the beginning stage of using cry to get things done her way...hmmph! She is gonna face tough love...hahaha!

Psst...get branded kids clothing for much lower price is FOS or Reject Store and sometimes Tesco, good quality at a fraction of the price...kekeke
This is a community msg brought to u by Ponytail :p

Pat said...

I was reading up a book about parenting, and apparently blackmailing and manipulating parents are one of the first few things babies learn.

So, tough love it is :)

Wai Yin said...

ann - great faith in you.

ponytail - tough love might be in your dictionary but your hubby...hmm...

pat - huh! you gotto to know my blog eh! you have seen my girls since they were babies... hopefully you'll take what is good and make it your own in raising up your little cynthia