Thursday, October 15, 2009

Run for the Nation 2009

On 10 Oct 2009, Saturday from 5 o’clock in the morning, some Christians from all states capital of Malaysia had a common purpose that was to RUN and PRAY.

In Klang Valley a total of 25 routes/area groups, each group has 8 teams, each team has 2-6 members, ran approx 5km and pray. I was in Area Group 9 which started from Putrajaya to Petaling Jaya. Although we started at different points but all groups ended at the same venue ie *PJEFC. It was a relay format whereby Team 1 run & pray for 5km and passes the Prayer Card to Team 2 and so on.

We, Team 6 members (4 of us – Patrick, Ronnie, Kent and myself) started running at 8:18am from Sunway Medical Centre. We crossed an interchange at LDP, passed housing areas, shops, light industrial area, dangerous underpass, barking dogs and finally reached our end route. Total of 4.78km at 32 minutes. It was an amazing experience.


We took turns to pray aloud and ran in the drizzle. Many people looked at us. Passers by must be wondering what these 4 fellow doing running on the road and in the rain. It takes a lot of boldness for me to pray so loud (we have to speak loud enough so the rest can hear). When I was training myself, I will not speak a word whenever someone is nearby.

Will I do again….YES, no hesitation.




To God be the glory!


Special thanks to the organisers for fulfilling His call and to my hubby for being our Team Manager.

*PJEFC – Petaling Jaya Evangelical Free Church

1 comment:

Ann said...

I think the praying aloud is the toughest!! If I had to run that long, I would be sayign words of encouragement instead...

Sure takes lots of training and faith.

To GOD be the GLORY!