Sunday, July 4, 2010

Beads necklace / bracelet

During the previous school holidays, my daughters learned how to make beads necklace from their grandmother. They did a few simple pattern necklaces. I think it's quite an art for children especially girls to learn and can be an hobby too. It is also a great gift for friends.

Here is Alyssa making a necklace for her friend, Natalie.


Checking on various websites, you can find many helpful tips and what more many patterns we can follow. I think beads making requires little skill (for simple pattern) but a lot of patience and concentration.

Here are some necklaces Alyssa and Hannah did.....some by my mother-in-law.


For beginners....materials needed are tigertail (wire), beads and barrel clasp screw. Now should I get some materials for them? Maybe during the long school break end of the year.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I am into buying bead necklaces recently! Maybe can make one for Aunty Ann ya?

Wai Yin said...

Sure...after all the exams first.

Julie said...

This is a good way to stimulate their brain. Used to make all these and sell them to my schoolmates those days in primary.