Friday, January 22, 2010

Memories of year end 2009 and beginning of 2010

It's coming to end of 3rd week of school. Time flies. Was thinking to blog on school holidays, Christmas gathering, 1 week shopping spree and school reopen. Well since I can't turn back clock, might as well do all these in one post.

Year end school holiday was quite short for me. We had trips back to Ipoh and Muar. Then Christmas and school reopen preparation. Put up Christmas tree and some deco. Clean up the house for Christmas gathering. Get all the uniforms, shoes, bags and stationeries ready. Wrap some books and it was year end already.

Thank God we had some events in between making the school holidays more interesting. Our cell group Christmas gathering! Food, children laughter (and crying), parents mingling, gift exchange......what a day of the year to look forward to. Seeing the children grow and achieving their milestones year after year, that really make me feel 'satisfied' like I've just had bitter sweet thick and creamy durian or a cup of really rich ice blended mocha.


Parents busy with gift exchange

On the final week of the year 2009, hubby took leave from work and we went shopping. After a few days, my two girls were sick of the word 'shopping'. Till now we still joke with them about going shopping. Whenever they ask where are we going (when we about to go out), hubby and I will answer "shopping!". Then with a frown on their face "huh...shopping again!!!"



And then we welcome the year 2010.............


School term started on 4 January. Hannah going to Year 1 (afternoon session) and Alyssa to Year 4 (morning session). What drags me most to this day was waking up at 6 in the morning. Good bye to my sweet mornings as this day will change my sleeping hours for many, many years to come. On the bright side...since waking up so early in the morning, I might as well go for early workout in the gym or for a morning jog around my area.



Well, the thought counts. I failed the 1st and 2nd week. Was very sleepy and tired. Some days were raining too, so I couldn't jog (thank God). This week quite good...went to gym 3 times and managed to run 5 km outside here yesterday.

With the girls in school, tuition or doing homework, I found myself more time to do housework. So I cleared some of the mess which was piled up in the upstairs hall. Earlier, I moved some stuff from living hall, the girls' room all to the upstairs hall adding to the boxes which has been there for years. Sorted some books to keep and some to send to recycling centre.

Next project will be filing (which is long, long overdue) and also to prepare itinerary for our Bali holiday trip. Going with my godsis family.

Time passes, children keep on growing, house always get dusty, car needs to be washed often and life goes on....what remains just memories of the past (if only we can remember everything). Recently, I made a challenge for myself to impact on other people's life through God's way. To see me more fired up for God and also hopefully influence others too.

No comments: