Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hannah vomited in school

Barely a month into primary one, Hannah vomited in her class, on her desk, on her school bag and around her place. Sigh! A big 'sigh' for the teacher. Her class teacher called me on my handphone at three plus in the afternoon. Told me of the vomit. She has no change of clothing but took out her pinafore and shoes and socks are also dirty.

I was cleaning the girls' room at that time when I received the call. Got myself changed. Washed my face & hands. Took Hannah's slipper. Off we went to her school which is just 1.5 km away. When Alyssa & I went looking for her in her class, the Music teacher told us Hannah was at the Teacher's Room. We quickly make our way there. She was sitting outside the Teacher's Room, barefooted and in her white shirt and shorts. (She had her shorts on because got Physical Exercise class on Mondays).

Then we went back to her classroom to take her bag and sign documents for taking her home early. To my horror I finally saw where she vomited. She was doing her Maths activity book. Now I have to buy a new book. Took her stained bag (unzipped with books inside), HSM3 pencil box, some other books (that thankfully not affected) and newspaper (teacher used it for covering).

What a mess! What horrible stench! Wash, scrub, sun, febreze (fabric refreshener and odor remover).

Hannah vomited 3 times...the major one which I didn't witness. Then again when I was collecting her stuff and again when about to take bath. Gave her some warm water and she went to rest. As she was resting, felt her quite warm...mild fever. But she was too tired to move. After an hour her temperature went up. So took her to the clinic. Doctor said watch out if it is appendicitis but most likely is viral infection. Got to make sure she takes her medicine and don't vomit out.

After the vomit she had only a piece of Weetameal (Jacob's biscuit), 20 ml of 4 types of medicine and a little water. She slept till morning. Only woke up for medicine & change into pyjamas. This morning woke up early, in time to see daddy off to work. Had 2 slices of bread, an egg and 1/2 slice of cheese. Went for her chinese tuition and wanted to go to school too. But I told her to rest at home.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Oh...poor girl! Maybe had a tummy bug.

So..the stench still there?